Chewy Meringue Pavlova Ingredients
- 4 Large Egg Whites
- 115g Caster Sugar
- 115g Icing Sugar
- Whatever Summer Berries You Fancy
- Around 250ml of Double Cream
- Start by preheating your oven to 110°C/gas mark 1/4. Then whisk the egg whites until they begin to form soft peaks. This can take a while if you're doing by hand luckily enough i have a Kitchen Aid so it doesn't take long at all. (They are pretty pricey but well worth the money if you bake a lot)
- Once the egg white have started to form soft peaks slowly add the caster sugar a little at a time and beat it as you go.
- Once all the caster sugar has been added add the icing sugar in the same way. But try not to over work and take all the air out the mixture.
- Now spread the meringue mixture evenly onto some grease proof paper place it on a flat baking tray and pop it into the oven for 1 hour 30 to 1 hour 45 minutes.
- Whilst the meringue is cooking, whisk the double cream into a stiff whipped cream and prepare your summer berries.
Now turn your oven off and let it cool whilst in the oven.(Letting it cool in the oven is what makes the meringue chewy)Make sure its fully cooled before you assemble it otherwise utter carnage will ensue. As the whipped cream will revert back to its runny routes!!